This Five Game Report Card covers the games beginning with the overtime win against the New York Islanders and ending with the overtime win against the Colorado Avalanche. The Thrashers won all five games in this series thanks to, in large part, the heroics of Dustin Byfuglien. Big Buff netted a team-leading 4 goals and team-leading 6 assists to go along with a team-leading +5 and team-leading 30 shots.
Yeah, he was pretty awesome.
Let's not forget the incredible play of Ondrej Pavelec. OP shut out the Montreal Canadians and gave up just one goal to the Detroit Red Wings, New York Islanders, and Boston Bruins.
During this series, the Thrashers finally started looking like the team that was promised: a hard-working team that gets scoring from all players. Perhaps most promising? Not a single Thrasher was a minus-player over this series.
Numbers after the jump.
Over This Five Game Period
- Record: 5-0-0 (1.000 P%)
- Goals Scored/Allowed: 17/4 (4.250)
- PP%/PK%: 23.8%/89.5%
- Goal Leaders: Byfuglien (4), Peverley (3), Stewart (2)
- Assist Leaders: Byfuglien (6), Ladd, Enstrom (5)
- Point Leaders: Byfuglien (10), Enstrom, Ladd (6)
- +/- Leaders/Trailers: Byfuglien (+5), Oduya, Enstrom (+4), Hainsey, Burmistrov (+1 as trailers)
- Team +/-: Plus-44
- Shot Leaders: Byfuglien (30), Kane (18), Peverley (14)
- Blocked Shot Leaders: Sopel (16), Enstrom (15)
- Hit Leaders: Bogosian (11), Eager (7), Stewart, Slater (6)
- Faceoff Leaders: Slater (23-for-34, 67.6%), Little (43-for-78, 55.1%)
- Points %: 0.574, 15th
- Goals Scored: 3.11, T-6th
- Goals Allowed: 2.82, 19th
- 5-on-5 GF/GA: 0.98, T-17th
- Power Play: 24.8%, 2nd
- Penalty Kill: 81.0%, 21st