|Atlanta Thrashers||New York Rangers|
|Madison Square Garden|
|TV: SportSouth Radio: 680 the Fan|
|SBNation: Blueshirt Banter|
|Last 10||4-5-1||Last 10||3-6-1|
Make the jump for some game notes.
- The Blueshirts are rolling only three forwards tonight due to injuries to Chris Drury and Brandon Dubinsky. Coach John Tortarella said "We have enough bodies here. I told Jimmy and Glen that I'd rather keep it with this group we have right now." By "this group" we can only assume he means Vinny Prospal, an ice girl and the beer guy from section 112. Just kidding Artem Anisimov & Brian Boyle! The Rangers don't even have ice girls...
- EJ Hradek seems to think the Thrashers won't beat the Rangers this week. EJ Hradek is 12-14 over the past 3 weeks with his picks. Soooo... Thrashers by 2 goals then?
- Don Brashear is returning after a four game absence with a bruised hand. In other news, Zach Bogosian swears he has no idea where the roll of Reynolds Wrap in his locker came from.
- King Henrik Lundqvist is also returning after an 8 day break.
- The "Will he? Won't he?" Kovalchuk saga is about to make C-Viv's head asplode.
- In what is normally called "tampering", KHL president Alexander Medvedev tells Bloomburg he has his sights set on signing Ilya Kovalchuk. Here's the clutch Dimitry Chesnokov with notes on the recent Medvedev/Gary Bettman summit.
- Johan Hedberg gets the start at MSG. Moose is 8-3 lifetime vs. the Rags with a .931 save pct (2.02 GAA). Kovy and Evander Kane still game time decisions.
- Nik Antropov is back in the Big Apple. He's got a career 12 points in 26 games against NYR.
Bring it on in here at 7pm for game day action. I'll be here. I'm cool.