Here's another late edition of the Five Game Report covering from the 5-1 win against the Wild through the 5-0 win against the Washington Capitals. During this period, the Thrashers had a losing record, but each of the three losses was essentially a one-goal loss. (The Thrashers lost by two against the Penguins and Capitals, but those totals include an empty net goal.) The lack of any major losses during this period is a good sign, as it the Thrashers' improved play at even-strength.
Despite the losing record, the Thrashers outscored their opponents. The power play saw a notable dip in production, running under 10% during this period. Ouch. That shows in the point totals for Byfuglien and Enstrom who did not appear among the scoring leaders for this period. Rookie Alexander Burmistrov did make the point leaders, tying Andrew Ladd for 5 points over this period.
The most important statistic you can watch to get a feel for how a team is playing is the 5-on-5 GF/GA ratio which is heading upward. During this five-game period, the team was a plus-26. That's a huge improvement over previous periods where that number was negative... and bigger. If that number stays up, expect the Thrashers to start winning more games than they lose.
The numbers are after the jump.
Over This Five Game Period
- Record: 2-3-0 (0.400 P%)
- Goals Scored/Allowed: 17/13 (1.308)
- PP%/PK%: 8.33%/82.4%
- Goal Leaders: Little, Ladd, Eager, Antropov (2 each)
- Assist Leaders: Burmistrov (4), Kane, Ladd, Bergfors, Enstrom (3 each)
- Point Leaders: Burmistrov, Ladd (5 each), Kane, Bergfors, Antropov (4 each)
- +/- Leaders/Trailers: Burmistrov (+6), Byfuglien (+5), Enstrom (+4), Peverley, Slater, Bogosian (-2 each)
- Team +/-: Plus-26
- Shot Leaders: Byfuglien (22), Ladd (18), Kane (15)
- Blocked Shot Leaders: Hainsey (12), Sopel, Bogosian, Oduya (10 each)
- Hit Leaders: Kane (10), Slater (8), Bogosian, Eager, Oduya (7 each)
- Faceoff Leaders: Slater (12-for-20, 60.0%), Peverley (58-for-92, 63.0%)
- Points %: 0.523, 19th
- Goals Scored: 3.14/game, 6th
- Goals Allowed: 3.14/game, T-26th
- 5-on-5 GF/GA: 0.89, 22nd