It wasn't for lack of trying. After a good effort, the Thrashers fall to the Pittsburgh Penguins, 4-2. Just some quick thoughts after the game:
- Bryan Little is back in a big way. He was all over the ice tonight, but couldn't make the score sheet. He looked hungry out there.
- Ron Hainsey. That's all I'll say about that.
- Most of the Penguins goals weren't highlight reel dazzlers. Just the result of hard work and knowing how and when to capitalize.
- Dustin Byfuglien is a monster.
- Marc-Andre Fleury seems to be returning to form. Great.
- Note to ice crew: can somebody please take a little bit of the spring out of those dasher boards?
- Fredrik Modin left the game with an upper-body injury.
- Stew on this: Andrew Ladd has two Stanley Cups with two different teams, all at the ripe old age of 25. I know you knew this, but it still boggles the mind.
- Coach Craig Ramsay's post-game presser: