This is a new feature I'll attempt to keep going through the season: the five-game report card. Every five games, I'll attempt to break down some stats for both the team and individuals. Ideally, I'll get this up within a day or two of the fifth game of the series, but I'm not making any promises.
This post will take a look at the first five games of the season, a period during which the Thrashers went 3-2 while playing 4 games on the road. The season started on a rather scary note, as starting goaltender Ondrej Pavelec collapsed 2:25 into the first game of the season, a home game against the Washington Capitals. The Thrashers went on to win that game 4-2 after a shaky first period.
The team left for a four-game road swing against the Lightning, Kings, Ducks, and Sharks. They picked up four points in these four contests, finishing the five-game series with a 3-2-0 record. This 0.600 points percentage projects to a 98 point season, more than enough to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference (assuming past trends continue this season.)
More stats after the jump.
Over This Five Game Period
- Record: 3-2-0 (0.600 P%)
- Goals Scored/Allowed: 17/16 (1.0625)
- PP%/PK%: 23.8%/71.4%
- Goal Leaders: Stewart (4), Thorburn (3), Kane (3)
- Assist Leaders: Little, Ladd, Oduya, Enstrom (3 each)
- Point Leaders: Ladd (5), Stewart (4), Thorburn (4), Enstrom (4)
- +/- Leaders/Trailers: Sopel, Thorburn (+4), Ladd, Little (+3) / Dawes (-4), Modin, Byfuglien, Antropov (-3)
- Team +/-: Even
- Shot Leaders: Kane (18), Ladd (14), Stewart (12), Byfuglien (12)
- Blocked Shot Leaders: Sopel (15), Hainsey (11), Enstrom (10)
- Hit Leaders: Byfuglien (14), Stewart (10), Kane (9)
- Faceoff Leaders: Slater (11-for-19, 57.9%), Peverley (35-for-57, 61.4%)
- Points %: 0.600, T-12th
- Goals Scored: 3.2/game, 8th
- Goals Allowed: 3.2/game, T-24th
- 5-on-5 GF/GA: 1.12, 12th